Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday "My Town" Shootout---"Aged and Weathered"

This week's theme for the Friday "My Town" Shootout was chosen by Pauline from Northland, New Zealand--"Aged and Weathered"!

Even though Dublin is a relatively "new" town, people have been living in the area since the 1800s. (the town decided not to incorporate or get a mayor, city council, etc. until 1982. :) Matter of fact, we STILL get fire protection from the county instead of having our own dept.)

I took a drive down one of our "country" roads to see what I could find...

An old barn...


A fence leaning precariously...


A tree that was still loaning a wee bit of shade...


...and one that had seen the years....


Last but not least... a street sign that could use replacing!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area you live in. I love the way you shot the fence. Nice barn, too.

    Like the street sign. I see the light is green. Were you driving with one hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty--thanks! And even though the light was green, no one was around me, so I was at a complete stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fence shot is great! have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fence, the wind blows west, then it blows east, what is a fence to do but lean...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted tree shots too. It's amazing how weathered some bark looks. The fence is still standing but it has obviously seen better days. Old barns are cool. It's nice if you can sneek inside and capture the light. Thank you for the visit to Dublin.

    ReplyDelete