Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friday "My Town" shootout--funny signs!

(sorry I'm a day late this week... school starts Monday and I'm going CRAZY!!!)

This week's topic for the My Town Shootout was chosen by Si in Virginia--funny and/or amusing signs!

I have only one photo to contribute this week; a local establishment had one that was HYSTERICAL but was taken down a while back (probably because someone got offended... lighten up, people!). It was for a dry cleaner in town, and the sign out front said "Drop your pants here--receive prompt attention". Brilliant!! Alas, it's not there anymore. :(

Here it is. Yes we're in the SF Bay Area, but we're NOWHERE close to the Golden Gate! We have to travel about an hour to it!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad they took the sing down. I would have loved to see it. Sounds funny. I agree that people need to lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. people can be afended by the weirdest things. no sense of humor.... I walked once from fishermans warf to the other side of the golden gate, was a lovely walk. try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete